Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oh, Jones

Lately I've become addicted to the "Pick Your Five!" application on Facebook. I'm completely embarrassed to admit it, but it's true. 

So...a third Bridget Jones installment? Anyone else think this is a bad idea? I mean, I adored the first film. It was a cute little rom-com with Renee Zellweger doing her puffy-lipped rendition of a so-called London "singleton." Then, an sequel came out. Which, don't get me wrong, was still cute in a way and tolerable but it felt stretched. I feel a third would be an unsatisfactory movie-going experience as well as a box office bomb. I'm just not feeling a Jones trilogy.  

Oh, and one last thing: I feel completely offended when people say that Zellweger had to "get fat" for the role or that she, as Jones, was "overweight" at a size 10. I AM A SIZE 10 DAMN IT. 

I also had the pleasure of experiencing Wilco this evening. I had heard of the band and seen them perform on Jimmy Kimmy or Conan or one of those late night shows and I had thought they were good at the time. But a friend of mine showed me a concert DVD they had compiled and the first song I heard had me tapping my foot. So, I got a CD out of it which I'll probably be putting on my itunes eventually. 

Tomorrow, I think, might be the perfect day to write the biggest blog entry EVER.
You can only guess what it's going to be about.
And if not tomorrow, I don't know when. But soon, whilst the idea is still fresh in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment