Sunday, November 8, 2009

I haven't written for this blog lately because I've been in a total slump. I've had absolutely nothing interesting to write about. But, I've just thought of something in the past five minutes so I figure I can take it and semi-run with it. 

Sometimes admitting that you're wrong can be the healthiest thing in the world at the time you're doing it. I recently dropped my stubborn grudge and apologized to somebody who didn't deserve all of the animosity I was throwing their way. They instantly forgave me for my immature distaste for them in the past and that felt great. Just by pulling a simple "My Name Is Earl" move; minus the power of 'stache, of course. I felt great. It was like a huge, figurative cup of coffee without the caffeine-induced crash after consumption. 


In other news, I absolutely despise my job with every fiber of being. My boss is the world's biggest, for lack of a better word, tool. While I hold down the fort managing the cash register and the lottery machine, he sits in the back, behind the deli display on his laptop playing Farmville and chatting it up on the phone in his native language. But of course, when I go to sit down for a five-minute breather, I verbally get my head ripped off. However, since I'd like to have a good reference for when I finally leave, I have to yes him to death and kiss his ass. And anybody who knows me knows that me + ass kissing = an absolute no go. Alas, I'd like to find a more enjoyable job someday and I need the reference. 

Aside from the lack of happiness in my job and my abundance of good feelings in personal accomplishment (for now), I recently lost a friend and was replaced in a matter of a few days. It's strange how things work out and how different sides of the people you thought you knew begin to erupt from the deepest pits of their emotional complexes. Although I do not agree with the way this person is handling some of their feelings, I don't plan on returning the anger. My only plan is to move on and stop dwelling on the very teen-angsty scenario. 


On the music front, I purchased the New Moon soundtrack and, to my surprise, it turned out to be a great album with lots of great artists like Death Cab (their newest song is not as good as their older stuff. Same goes for the Killers, who also appear on the album), St. Vincent, Bon Iver, Thom Yorke and one of my personal favorites, Lykke Li, who's song "Possibility" is so soft, melancholy and utterly a treat to hear on the album. 



Aside from my obsession with soundtracks, I've got Arcade Fire's Funeral on loop as well as "Lost Coastlines" by Okkervil River and the soundtrack to Where the Wild Things Are. The track "Food Is Still Hot", which just consists of sweet hums by Karen O herself is my favorite song on the album. It's so sad, but it relaxes you and allows you to drift away almost. 




Oh yes, and I have a new Hollywood crush! (Which is nothing out of the ordinary)

No comments:

Post a Comment